Saturday, December 26, 2009

A Litany of Food

Following up on my earlier post, I thought it might be fun to provide a list of the foods I've given and received for the holidays.

Given (and kept a little for myself, of course):
- little pumpkin breads/muffins
- caramels
- peanut butter fudge (made from my grandmother's recipe)
- ginger crinkles
- sugar cookies
- hot chocolate mix

Received:
- Wilbur's Chocolate Bits and Pieces
- hot chocolate mix
- homemade granola (from Alton Brown's recipe on the Food Network)
- cranberry bread
- chocolate chip cookies (from two sets of people)
- ginger molasses cookies
- butter cookies
- pretzels and nuts coated with chocolate and sugar
- raspberry squares
- two types of jam
- bread and butter pickles
- homemade mix for M&M cookies
- more to come from a friend on Tuesday
- I might get some of the yummy snickerdoodles my brother made

Plus, I brought home some of yesterday's dessert because at the time I was too stuffed to eat it, after the ham, rolls, roasted potatoes, salad, and green beans:
- mini Italian pastries
- needhams
- sugar cookies
- peanut butter kisses
- no-bake cookies
- Chex mix

I think between all of this, if I limit myself to one sweet per day (my current goal - we'll see how I do), I'll have enough to last me until summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment